Soul mates

So I have this theory because I have theories on everything that people are attracted to certain characteristics for a reason.

This theory has been carefully developed from a mix of silly romantic fancies about true love and soul mates, and the (probably) heretical doctrine of the Mormon cult classic, "Saturday's Warrior." 

And now… to engage in a little tongue-in-cheekery… 

I have this idea that we're here on earth looking for the one the right one, the special one, the one who completes you and I also have this twisted idea that we know who that person is. This (in my mind) explains why we are attracted to certain traits that other people might not find
attractive.
Why else would I be attracted to certain types of noses? Why would Shannen be attracted to certain types of bone structure? Why do other people look at teeth, or eyes, or dimples, or body type first? There must be a reason for our preferences, right?

I'm telling you, this theory totally makes sense. The answer is soul mates. We're looking for the person we instinctively know we're supposed to be with.

And since now I’m an ancient 25-year-old, I've decided it's time to start looking for that dang soul mate. Therefore, I've put together a brilliant way to identify what he will look like, which will naturally make the hunt much easier. 

So, to start, we'll begin with Mark Hildreth's structure. He's both delicate and manly; strong, but not lineman-ish. I approve.

Then, since I’m attracted to noses (I hate mine, so I simply MUST marry a handsome nose), my soul mate will need to have the perfect nose. This means throwing in a little Rupert Evans.

Obviously my guy will need eyes, so I think we'll go with Henry Cavill eyes blue or thereabouts. I always favor lighter over darker.

In terms of hair, I like it longish and dark. My brothers bemoan my adoration of "1995 hair," but that's how it is. If more boys at BYU would ditch the missionary haircuts and let their hair grow a little (a la Riley Nelson) more of them would graduate with a wife.

Hmmm. That was a smidge off-topic… 

Let's go with Zachary Levi hair. Dark, curly or straight, and lovely. A little like Josh Groban, only less homeless looking.

And finally, my future husband is going to need lips. For this, I'll have to go with the cheeky, roguish grin and dimples of a certain Ewan McGregor.

Let's see…

I think that's all…

Yep, let's mix it up a little…

Hmmm….

There.

Drumroll, please
This is my future husband, based 100% on my theory of natural attraction: 

Gee. I'd better get hunting...

Or… 

I'd gladly take the perfection of James Purefoy and skip the hunting part altogether. Beautiful, charismatic, and pretty much awesome.

Oh yes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Flying Solo All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger .

Design by themetraffic. Blogger Template by Anshul | Funny Pictures.